Monday, June 14, 2010

Update from Callie

Hey everybody!

Callie here!!

I did super well with my new chemo last week and figured I was over due for an update on the bloggie!

My new chemo is given to me via IV instead of a pill so I had to stay at the Doctor Liz's office for twice as long! The only good part about the IV is that Jennifer, Dr. Liz's vet tech, sat with me and loved on me while I had my IV in and I got a cute pink bandage to go home with!

Isn't my hot pink bandage cute????


Dr. Liz was happy to see how peppy I was and was super glad to hear that my appetite was back.

Once Momma and I got home from crossing Lake Pottytrain she took my bandage off and was surprised to see that I had a big piece of fur shaved off of my leg for my IV!


Look at my poor shaved leggie!

I was super sleepy after chemo. Momma said that Dr. Liz put Benadryl in my IV cause sometimes doggies have funny reactions to the chemo and the Benadryl helps prevent those funny reactions.

Since Wednesday I've been doing super! Momma says I have a really good appetite again! I even woke Momma up early today because I was ready for my breakfast an hour earlier than normal.

Momma noticed a few weeks ago I was growing this funny bump in the corner of my left eye so Dr. Liz took a look at it, then took some pictures and pee-mailed them to a doggie eye doctor she works with lots. The eye doctor thinks the funny bump is just part of my cancer. So last week Dr. Liz told Momma to do eye drops FOUR times a day!!!!!!!! But I get some special treats, that Droopy isn't allowed to have! HA! The eye drops are ok. Sometimes I let momma put the drops in real quick and sometimes I fight momma and won't let her come near me with the drops!

Look! My special treats even have a paw print on them!

Lots of slobber,
Callie (and Droopy too)

Momma Update:
Callie has had a complete turn around! She is ravenous most day! I'd much rather a puppy that is eating me out of house and home versus one that refuses to eat. She wants nothing to do with the eye drops most days. Trying to give the drops as quick as possible and give her a treat as quickly as possible after, which is what we did with Droopy, but Callie just isn't a fan. Her "special treats" are a probiotic that are intended to help the bacteria in Callie's stomach and bowel so she doesn't have so many bathroom issues. The bathroom issues have thankfully settled down!

13 comments:

  1. Yeah Callie! You're looking good. It's a good sign that you are a hungry girl. Keep up the great progress.

    Your pal, Wyatt

    P.S. Have you ever met an Airedale named 'Sophie' down there. She used to live up here in Portland a few years ago and moved to NOLA. She plays at the library dog park with her human 'Ron'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Callie! You are doing very well. I like your little shaved leggie. I think it gives you character.

    Can't blame you about the icky eye drops, but try to be brave.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Callie,

    Mom and me are so happy that you are feeling better. Your pink bandage is very nice too.
    Puppy prayers are still being sent your way.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Callie
    Love the bandage gorgeous and I must say you are one brave girl. Many prayers are sent to you and yours from my house, keep up the good work!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Callie!
    I am brand new to your blog and I am a new follower too! I am a professional pet sitter who is absolutely crazy about hounds; in fact, I have treeing walker coonhound, Daisy, who goes to work with me nearly everyday!
    I am not all caught up on what kind of cancer you have but I will read through your old posts to find out more about you. I am so happy you are feeling much better and that you are eating well now though. You sure do look cheerful even though you just completed a round of chemo! Keep your chin up, sweet girl!
    XOXO,
    April & Daisy & Henry & Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof! Woof! Glad to hear about your vet visit. YES, I LOVE the pink on you. I will continue to send my Golden Healing Thoughts. Oh! My I just got some treats from probiotic ... going to try it for the next two weeks n blog about the result(s). Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Callie, we loved this update! We thought your pink bandage was very cool and we wish we had one - maybe make that two!
    We were sad to see your poor shaved bit right enough.
    We are just so happy to know that you are enjoying your food and treats.
    love you lots
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy to hear that Callie is feeling better. We have gone through this chemo roller coaster ride with our Goldens.
    Callie knows that everything you are doing for her is so she can feel better.
    We continue to pray for her.

    Sheila & Bob
    Mom & Dadto
    Hamish & Rescue Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're right, it's a very good sign that Callie is hungry and it's so much better than no appetite. Probiotics are a good thing, too. The eyedrops don't sound like fun, but overall it sounds like things are going well. That is wonderful! Still keeping my paws crossed fur Callie...

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi guys!

    I'm back! You are not late with your post on my bloggie so you can still play "Paw it Forward" with me if you wants too!
    Please go to my profile page and peemail me, that way I can tells you what we need to do next! Yay!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Callie!
    Glad to know you are doing well.
    Sure is nice that you are enjoying your food!
    Take care
    Paws crossed here for you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. Howdy Callie, Mom was just reading us your update from Monday. We are so glad that your treatment went good and SO GLAD you are eating again. That is so important to keep your strength up. We are saying lots of doggie paw prayers for you every night. And oh, that was a very sexy hot pink bandage you had. :) Cleo, Winston, Amiee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am thrilled to read this post, and so happy for all of you. Callie does look darling with her pink bandage :) We hope the upward trend continues. Big hugs for you Callie girl!

    ReplyDelete